Should You Start An Internet Business?
I have a strong belief that making money on the internet is NOT for everyone!
If any of the following statements match your current situation, then you should look elsewhere to make money…
- You want a magic button to push that makes you money.
- You don’t have more than $300 to your name.
- You don’t want to work more than 1 hour per day on your business.
- You don’t have any desire to learn new things.
- You are afraid of risk.
Starting an internet business is the greatest opportunity in the world, but I think some people have this skewed perception of what a real internet business is.
I guess it’s because of all those stupid infomercials on late night tv that make it sound like you can sit at home in your underwear and watch money fly out of your company. I’m not sure where else people can the idea that it’s that simple…
Don’t get me wrong, making money online is very easy to do, but you have to put in the time, effort, money and use proven strategies to make it happen. Compared to digging ditches for a living, an internet business is a piece of cake!
Compare starting an internet business with starting a regular, brick & mortar business…
To start an internet business, you need:
- $8 for a domain name
- $10 for website hosting
- $300 for miscellaneous software, training materials, etc.
- $900 for advertising / marketing
- about 10 hours per week
- 30% chance of making nice profit
- no employees / workers comp insurance, etc
- no theft or other headaches, etc
- Total risk = Less than $2,000
To start a brick & mortar business, you need:
- $50,000+ for inventory
- $100,000+ franchise fee (if using a franchise)
- $36,000+ for first year commercial lease
- $3,000 for advertising / marketing
- about 50+ hours per week
- 30% chance of making nice profit
- $80,000/year for employee salaries & insurance
- deal with employee/customer theft, etc
- Total risk = $200,000+ and high stress
There is a dramatic difference between the two types of businesses, which is why so many people are flocking to start an internet business.
It amazes me when you hear people chatting about how it’s so hard to make money online or how expensive certain software programs are or training courses are. In reality, it’s absolutely peanuts compared to a “regular” business!
You’re either cut out for owning a business or you’re not. Don’t worry if you’re not, that’s why there is such things as JOBS. Not everyone is cut out for business ownership.
BUT, on the other hand, if you are truly fed up with your job, want to start an internet business to eventually surpass your job’s income and become truly independent, you can do it! Millions of us are making their full time income online, so obviously if we can do it, so can you.
If you don’t have any money to start your web business, your best bet would be to pick up a part time job for a couple months. Save ALL of that money from the extra job and once you have built up $1,000 or so, THEN start up your internet business. It will save you lots of headache, stress and frustration compared to starting an internet business with no money to your name. It’s hard to spend that $30 on a piece of software when you should be using that money for groceries or gas.
If you don’t want a part time job, you can try one of these 3 easy ways to make money online to get you started and help you put money aside for your internet business.
I’ll try to help you anyway I can if you have questions about starting an internet business. Leave your questions in the comments section below…